Thursday, May 19, 2011

A couple again

At 11:25 pm on May 3rd Jim arrived back in Pasco, Washington. It is great to have my husband home again.  I had flipped the calendar page 3 times since his departure early morning on February 26th.  Everytime he needs to be away I always plan lots of fun or productive "projects"  only to discover that I actually have less time since I am dealing with lots of the work he usually does - finance, car, yard, etc.   A few days before he returned I had to give up trying to get the lawn mower going despite the desperate need to mow the overgrown lawn. 

After a few days of being wide awake in the middle of the night and falling asleep in the afternoon, Jim overcame most of the jet lag of traveling east for 37 hours. He was barely recovered in time to prepare a presentation and sermon  on Mother's Day for the church we attend in Mattawa.  This allowed my sister Ginny and her husband Mark (who are the normal leaders for Sunday School and the church service) to visit some of Mark's family and their daughter Hannah in Spokane.   Jim had more material than time, and my craft of making a Mother's Day card with the Sunday School students was more involved than I anticipated but we both were glad to be able to minister in this small way.

It seemed like Jim brought some of the South Pacific weather with him.  We have had a very cool and rainy spring and most of the plants were about 2 weeks behind.  The last of the tulips were dying but our iris were just starting to reveal their beauty.


We also are awed by the huge bleeding heart plant that seems to thrive due to the nearby dryer exhaust vent. Unfortunately we are the only ones to enjoy the sight since it is behind the fence seperating the back yard from those walking or driving by.  We are so blessed that the previous owners loved flowers!

With the better weather we joined our neighbors in planting flowers and vegetables. Jim is the gardener in this couple.  My part is to enjoy the tomatoes, peppers, beans, and squash by the end of the summer!


 I am so glad Jim is back but also excited  he brought back our camera!  I hope I can keep giving you, our friends a  "glimpse" into our lives. Thanks for your prayers for Jim and I as were were apart.  Continue to pray for a united ministry wherever we are.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. What a treat it was to see Jim while he was in Honiara, but, oh, how I missed your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete