Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another year

Where do the days, weeks, years, go?   A month ago, another birthday rolled around.  Jim was in the Solomons, Jeffrey and Emily were in Indiana.   I figured it would slide by fairly unnoticed.  Next year I hit the 6th decade so this one was not one to celebrate anyway.  But my family and friends are great and I had lots of emails, cards, telephone calls, and gifts wishing me a happy day.  Thanks to everyone who made me feel special.


 Jim, who is not always good at thinking ahead for gifts, had a card and a gift hidden away in the garage.  It was something I have wanted for awhile now - an outside clothesline!  I know that doesn't sound exciting to most of you but I do enjoy the fresh air drying for clothes after all the years of hanging them outside in the Solomon Islands.  And it will save the expense of running the dryer since most days here in Central Washington are clear and dry.   Now if we can just get the cement needed to put it in the ground so I can use it .... 

1 comment:

  1. It is always nice celebrating your birthday and talking to you. You are a special friend!

    When reading your post, I realized that my 6th decade will be in 4 months!

    ReplyDelete